Based in Auckland, New Zealand
June 1, 2012
Press / Business contact:
+00 (64) 21 107 3320
We are a new indie studio who focus on horror games in VR - our passion!
HistoryPhantasmal - Summary
Phantasmal is a procedurally generated survival horror where the player must uncover the secret of the Kowloon Walled City and survive.Game Description
Full Steam Release: 14 Apr 2016 PST
Experience Terror that is Never the Same Twice with Phantasmal: City of Darkness, a procedurally generated survival horror where every playthrough is completely different. You simply cannot rely on your previous experience to guarantee safe passage.
You will need to face off against lurking, otherworldly horrors in the perilous, run-down Kowloon Walled City before its destruction in the early 90s.
You are fragile. Not just physically, but mentally as well. The grotesque creatures will challenge your very sanity and losing your mind can be a fate worse than death!
The odds are stacked steeply against you, but you can prevail through sheer cunning. You must scavenge for resources carefully, sneak past and distract your enemies. If you are caught, you can fight back, but don’t expect to live for very long.
The environment has been carefully crafted by none other than Brian Bell, critically acclaimed lighting lead of several Hollywood movies, including Riddick, Life of Pi, The Ring 2.
- Fear the unknown: Every ramshackle, disgusting room and corridor is uniquely generated - battle your anxiety as you’ll never know what comes next!
- Don't Go Insane: Facing terrifying creatures and skulking in the suffocating darkness will erode your sanity until you can no longer tell the difference between reality and illusion!
- Tread Softly: Every fight you have could be your last. Sneak past and distract your enemies as much as possible.
- Light, Both an Ally and Enemy: Every asset to survivability has a price. Use light sources wisely - you’ll need them to restore your sanity, but you’ll risk being seen!
- Scavenge to Survive: Scrounge the environment for anything you can use: from firecrackers and flares through to wooden boards and metal pipes. Guns are rare, but if you find one remember that every bit of noise you make will attract more creatures, and eventually much, much worse!
Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Official Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Eyemobi Ltd., but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Eyemobi Ltd.. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of the Kiwi Game Starter" - The first official New Zealand Indie Game Competition
- ""Phantasmal's world is randomly generated with each playthrough, making the horror all the more unpredictable.""
- IGN, IGN
- ""The game had no dramas in scaring the hell out of me! *pants check for poo*""
- MKAU, MKAU
Pewdiepie's Kickstarter Letsplay
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Team Lead, Developer